View all 329 Jobs
Job vacancy Licensing Officer
View all 329 Jobs
- The teachers registration documents efficiently indexed and catalogued on documents system and accessible
- Efficient management of teachers Documents Management System
- Teacher records organized and filed in accessible manner
- Teacher registration and licensing activities planned and executed
- The integrity of data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis assured.
- Organisational needs of internal staff and external clients discussed.
- Presentations prepared in collaboration with relevant staff.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Human Resource Management
- Provide guidance to staff on the use of the Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP), Teacher Management Information System (TMIS), Database Management Systems (DBMS), Documents Managements Systems (DMS).
- Liaise with principals, staff and students in schools on database management related matters.
- Performs other related functions assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Well-developed social and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative in dealing with complex issues
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education’s policies, rules and regulations
- Knowledge of the role and functions of the Council
- Sound knowledge of Government regulations, policies and principles
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative, professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Good analytical research and information gathering skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer applications e.g. Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent knowledge of office administration
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software systems, applications/programmes and computer networks,
- Capability in IT planning, organization and development.
- All Divisions of the Jamaica Teaching Council
- Regional Education Entities
- National College for Educational Leadership
- Educational Agencies
- Providers of Goods and Services
- Ministry of Education
- Education Stakeholders
- Administration, database design, security and maintenance efficiently and effectively executed.
- The quality of the JTC’s database systems monitored and maintained.
- Database systems to meet the changing needs of the educational landscape upgraded.
- Smooth and proper running of database ensured.
- Good knowledge of computer hardware.
- Proficiency in the knowledge and use of database management systems.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Values operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness.
- Excellent knowledge of Ministry of Education’s policies and guidelines.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 2 yrs experience
- Web Security
- Teacher training certification with at least three (3) years’ teaching experience.
- Normal office environment
- Travelling may be required
- To recommend procedures for improved effectiveness and efficiencies in activities related to teacher registration and licensing, database management, documents management and information sharing and security.
- To schedule site visits, if required.
- To assist in determining logistics for workshops, seminars, meetings and conferences.
- To make recommendation for professional development and ICT training needs.
We thank all applicants for expressing an interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs