This position is responsible for cutting, wrapping, packaging and price marking of meat and other related products according to Department standards. It also involves monitoring of meat displays and removal of discoloured, spoilt and expired products. ResponsibilitiesKEY OUTPUTS/DELIVERABLES
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIESMAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS & PROCEDURES
- Product availability
- Packaging properly sealed for freshness and attractively presented
- Clearly labeled packaging
- Customer Satisfaction
- Profitability of Department
- Delivery of FS5
- Adhere to all company and national health and safety regulations.
- Adhere to all national weights and measures laws.
- Follow approved procedures for weighing, wrapping, price marking and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
- Communicate temperature irregularities to Meat Supervisor or Perishables Team Manager and do necessary follow-up.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures ensuring that all department personnel do same.
- Comply with Standard of Appearance & Name Tags Policy & Procedures
PACKAGING & PRESENTATION OF PRODUCT
- Take finished products to refrigerated storage or shelf areas.
- Stock display cases
SATISFYING THE CUSTOMER
- Wrap, weigh and price all meats and related products processed in the department.
- Advise Meat Supervisor if wrapping supplies need to be ordered for the department (trays, shrink wrap film, labels etc.).
- Ensure that all meat cuts are attractively presented.
CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS THE PROFITABILITY OF THE COMPANY
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
PROVIDE ON GOING SUPPORT TO TEAM EFFORT
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Take positive action to control shrinkage and pilferage losses.
- Control excessive use of utilities and water and observe sound conservation practices.
- Assist in other departments as instructed and when necessary.
- Perform any other job related issues assigned from time to time.
- PERFORMANCE CRITERIANumber of Customer Complaints
- Appearance of Meat Displays
- Number of spoilt, damaged or expired goods
- Grooming of self in accordance with standards
- Department profitability
- Knowledge of various cuts and types of meat products
- DIMENSIONS, AUTHORITIES AND DECISION MAKINGTo ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- WORKING CONDITIONSJob requires extensive standing in a high customer contact environment. Will be required to work extended hours from time to time and on days off and/or holidays where necessary. The environment also includes continuous duties in refrigerated cutting rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in frozen food storage rooms maintained at temperatures as low as 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) below zero.